Round 1 - 9:30AM
Round 2 - 11:00AM
Round 3 - 12:30PM
Round 4 - 2:00PM
Round 5 - 3:30PM
Estimated endtime: 5PM
Help desk will be available and live througout the tournament!
- current US Chess Federation membership
- chesskid.com account that is part of Mechanics' Chess Club (free account is perfectly sufficient)
- 5 rounds of G/25+6 -- US Chess Online Regular Rated
Players are ordered in their sections based on OTB or ONL (whichever is the higher) November 2020 supplemental regular rating!
All games are played on ChessKid.com except the HS section, which will take place on Chess.com.
- pairing will be done manually using match command on chesskid.com or chess.com.
You'll need to be on https://www.chesskid.com/play/fastchess and wait for your game to pop up!
or on chess.com/live.
- Games will be US Chess Online regular rated - tournament will be submitted 5-7 days after the tournament to allow all games to be screened for fair play.
- byes are allowed: if you can't make one or more rounds, simply ask for a half point bye in advance!
- more rules might be published as we move forward
|Section||Individual Rewards||Team Rewards|
|Kindergarten thru Grade 1||Top 5 Kindergarten players|
Top 5 Grade 1 players
|Top 5 teams |
across the ES sections
|Grade 2 through Grade 3||Top 5 Grade 2 players|
Top 5 Grade 3 players
|Grade 4 through Grade 5||Top 5 Grade 4 players|
Top 5 Grade 5 players
|Grade 6 through Grade 8 (Junior High)||Top 5 Grade 6 players|
Top 5 Grade 7 players
Top 5 Grade 8 players
|Grade 9 through Grade 12 (High School)||Top 3 Grade 9 players|
Top 3 Grade 10 Players
Top 3 Grade 11 Players
Top 3 Grade 12 Players
|Top 3 teams in the HS section|
Mechanics' Institute members: $25
Non-members: $35 -- Student membership for the Mechanics' Institute is only $65 - Please consider joining here: www.milibrary.org/join and put Chess in your referred by.
Participants must currently be in grades preschool to 12.
Please contact Mechanics' Institute if you have any questions.