More information: https://www.milibrary.org/chess-tournaments/november-tuesday-night-marathon-online-scholastic-side-event
First time joining us? Please scroll down for step-by-step instructions how to join us!
Time control: 3SS G/35+2. (Game in 35 minutes with 2 second increement with each move.)
MUST Register in order to play:
Registration deadline in order to be paired in Round 1: 3PM on 11/10. Anyone registering after that will get a 0.5 point bye. Late registrations *might* be paired for extra rated games, but it's not guaranteed.
- current US Chess Federation membership
- chess.com account that is part of Mechanics' Chess Club (free account is perfectly sufficient) -- Don't have one yet? Easy to make, just follow the instructions below.
- 3 rounds of G/35+2 - more details on tournament details here.
- 1 Scholastic Sections
- paired based on OTB or ONL Nov 2020 supplemental regular rating!
- paired based on swiss tournament rules
- NEW: pairing will be done manually using match command on chess.com. You'll need to be on chess.com/live and wait for your game to pop up!
- NEW: Pairing will be posted for Round 1, Round 2, and Round # on Tuesdays 4:30PM
- if you register after Tuesday 3:00PM, you'll still be able to join the tournament, but you'll be paired as an extra rated, and will be given a 0.5 point bye for the first round.
- Players have to be online on chess.com/live when Round 1 starts, and their game will be started by the Chief TD.
- Chief TD will have a list of match commands needed to be executed one by one: IF players are not online when pairing is executed, they'll be put at the end of the list, and match command will be tried one more time. Two times not present on chess.com/live will automatically get a 0F.
- Late registraitons *might* be paired up for extra rated games, but it's not guaranteed.
- Games will be US Chess Online regular rated - tournament will be submitted 5-7 days after the tourament to allow all games to be screened for fair play.
MI library member: $15
Non-MI library member: $25
Please contact Mechanics' Institute if you have any questions.