First time joining us? Please scroll down for step-by-step instructions how to join us!
Time control: 3RR G/45+5. (Game in 45 minutes with 5 second increment with each move.) Players play same opponent twice, once as white, once as black. Players play 6 games in total over the 3 weeks.
MUST Register in order to play:
Registration deadline in order to be in the tournament: Thursday 4PM
- current US Chess Federation membership
- chess.com account that is part of Mechanics' Chess Club (free account is perfectly sufficient) -- Don't have one yet? Easy to make, just follow the instructions below.
- 3RR G/45+5, 6 games total over the course of tournament.
- players are ordered and assigned to quads based on OTB or Online (Whichever is the higher) Sept 2020 supplemental regular rating!
- pairing will be done manually using match command on chess.com. You'll need to be on chess.com/live and wait for your game to pop up!
- Games will be US Chess Online regular rated - tournament will be submitted 5-7 days after the tournament to allow all games to be screened for fair play.
- no byes are allowed
- more rules might be published as we move forward
Registration deadline: Thursday, Oct 15 @ 4PM
Please contact Mechanics' Institute if you have any questions.